Psalm 91 shows us that when we set our love upon God, He will bless us with eight spiritual and natural promises. These promises affect our hearts, minds, bodies, and emotions. God will give us these promises as a response and a gift for our love.
“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name,
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him,
and show him My salvation.” Psalm 91:14–16
What is our part? Setting love upon Him and knowing His name
What is God’s part? Eight actions backed up by eight “I will” promises:
- I will deliver him (x2)
- Deliver from danger, set in safety
- 2nd time used: “to remove, draw out, draw off, take off, withdraw, equip (for war), arm for war, rescue, be rescued”
- I will set him on high
- “to be (too) high (for capture), to be exalted (of God), Exalted”
- I will be with him in trouble
- Trouble: “trouble, distress, affliction, adversity, anguish, tribulation, adversary”
- I will honor him
- I will satisfy him with long life
- I will show him my salvation
God doesn’t just promise to deliver us by setting us in safety, but He promises to take us out of danger and equip us to fight. He rescues us and gives us the power and strength to stand.
More from my site
Tags: bible study • loving god • Psalms